Wanting a healthier alternative to store-bought wipes? Well heck! I can help you with that! These are also gentle enough to be used for removing makeup and have been a great wet-wipe substitute!
Here's what you'll need:
- One or two large containers (think Costco Cottage Cheese size container)
- Roll of paper towels, preferably the rolls with half sheets, sometimes called "select a size" paper towels (cut in half using a large serrated knife)
- 1/3 cup melted Coconut oil (We get ours from Costco)
- 1/3 cup Castille Soap (I use Dr.Bronner's Unscented)
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera Gel (found in the natural foods section at many grocery stores)
- 20 drops Essential Oils of choice (I prefer lavender and sweet orange in our wipes! *Please find a trusted source for your essential oils*)
- Jar to store diaper solution in (Images show a salad dressing jar but really a small canning jar would be easier since the solution becomes more solidified during cooler times of the year!)
Mix the castille soap, aloe vera gel, melted coconut oil and essential oils together. Store in a jar. Don't forget to cut your paper towel roll in half using a serrated knife! It just won't fit if you skip that step, ha. Use approximately one Tablespoon of diaper wipe solution per container of wipes. Add aforementioned Tablespoon of diaper wipe solution to your container, then add 2 1/4 cups of warm water, stir to combine (or place the lid on and give er' a good ol' Tom Cruise Cocktail shake!). Place paper towels in the container, rough side down. Squish paper towels down until you can manage to get the lid on. Flip the container upside down. Come back five minutes later, flip right-side-up, and remove the inner cardboard tube from the paper towels, ahem, I mean, voilá— diaper wipes! Follow the images below if you're a visual learner!
Don't forget to follow littleRÜTZ on Pinterest to save this and other healthy living recipes!